If you are looking for a way to relax and feel rejuvenated and refreshed after a week of gruelling hard work, the best place you can visit would be a beauty salon. Beauty salons today have evolved from being places where women can get their hair and nails done to being centers of relaxation and beauty treatments for the whole body. Some of them have included the word “spa” to their trade name.
Treating hair is not the only thing salons do now. They also remove hair, too. You can get a hair removal treatment at a beauty salon or a spa. The following are just some of the most typical activities that you can do at a beauty salon, with an explanation for each of these activities and treatments.
Temporary Hair Removal
• Waxing: If you have unwanted hair in some parts of your body, waxing is a treatment that will certainly help you get rid of all of those without having to fear that they will be back in the near future. Two types of waxing are available at beauty salons: warm and hot.
When it comes to warm waxing, it involves the use of warm wax which is typically taken from honey wax. This wax usually has the consistency of honey or cream, and is heated to meet the required temperature through the help of a heater. Before the actual hair removal process, the skin would first be treated to a cleansing before being dried and dusted with talcum powder. Afterwards, the wax is applied with the use of a roller or a spatula. Then, a strip of paper would then be applied onto the wax, making sure that both the wax and the hairs stick to it, before removing the strip of paper.
On the other hand, hot waxing involves the use of wax which has been superheated at a much higher temperature than typical warm wax. The wax is directly applied onto the skin with the use of a spatula in a circular motion. With hot wax, instead of attaching a strip of paper onto the skin, the wax would simply be allowed to dry, and the wax itself would be stripped off of the skin, along with the hairs attached to it.
• Tweezing: Another hair removal technique, this is done in order to shape the eyebrows and provide more definition to one’s face.
• Threading: This form of hair removal hails from India, and involves the use of a piece of cotton that has been wrapped around the fingers of the therapist, which is then held in place with the help of the teeth. This is then pulled back in forth on the area where the hair is. This treatment is typically done in facial hair, specifically with the eyebrows.
Permanent Hair Removal
• Laser: This form of permanent hair removal involves the use of a laser machine which destroys growing hairs. This can give slightly uncomfortable feeling, just like how an elastic band would feel if flicked on the skin. In order for this treatment to reach maximum effect, you would need to go through a series of treatments, especially if you wish to do this in large areas of the body such as on the bikini line, the face, or the underarms.
• Permanent Electrolysis: This involves destroying the cells which are responsible for the growth of hair. In this process, the skin is cleansed, dried, and then a very small needle the width of a hair strand is then inserted into each hair follicle. Once inserted, the needle produces electrical currents which kill the hair producing cells in the hair follicle. This procedure is mostly done for very fine facial hair. Its effectiveness as a treatment for eliminating hair varies on the person’s hair type and hair density, and so just because the treatment worked for your friend well does not mean that it will be the same for you.
If you are thinking of having your hair removed at your nearest spa, you can find that most of the treatments available here are easily available for you to try. Just remember that each spa is different, and so some treatments may be unavailable.